Monday, October 26, 2009

Controlling your Emotions

This is also one of the important aspect that can help us to maintain our fluency.

Just last night I was drunk and enjoying with ma cousins and friends.My speech was so fluent coz i was uncouncious at that time. I talked non stop for atleast 1 hour and didnt stammered on a single word. But due to this I got too much excited and stammered a lil bit on a word unluckily.And that was it.

One of my cousins started copying my stammering speech and makingfun of me. There were about 15 people over there and all started staring at me.Suddenly I became councious and that feeling of embarrassment came back and I felt like crying. But some how I managedto control maself and kept on talking without caring much about all of them staring at me.

That whole time from that party untill i reached home was like a nightmare to me. It was a time during which I didnt thought of anything else other then that embarrassing moment.It was the most embarrassing moment in ma life.It was just that single incident coming into ma mind again and again.But I know that i ve to face these kindaa situations in future too. Soi ve to be strong from inside in order to face these kind of embarrassing situations.

And one more thing was, that my cousins were also drunk and may be he didnt mean to do that (copying my stammer).

Anywayz, bcoz of this incident I am able to learn how to control our Emotions, bcoz they also play a vital role in our stammering.

So If you are also a stammerer or stutterer and if some one makes fun of your stammer and tries to copy your speech in front of group of people , you should just pass a smile and dont bother about this.Dont let these embarrassing moments to get accumulated in the Emotional part of ur mind. Just let it go.....!!!

5 comments:

Satyendra said...

Good Manpreet. You are right. If you can harden your emotions (in this matter of fools teasing us)- feelings of embarassment leave us for ever.. and pseech does become better. This is what "Acceptance" is all about. Only thing -like tooth brushing, it has to be done on a daily basis.. sachin

Manpreet said...

Yes sir , I'll keep this in mind and brush ma teeth daily....

Anonymous said...

Nice.
No adsense yet??

workhard said...

I am sure the incident would have been very emotionally damaging.. but u knw whta.. u made an effort to talk without stammering in front of a lot of ppl and you did good.. so let go.. just imagine that the other people who heard ur cousin were also drunk and dont remember anything.. dnt let a silly incident hold u back from progressing


Work from home India

Manpreet said...

I already got hold of my stammer and it doesnt affect me anymore. whether I m fluent or not, its just a matter of time . But what is time. Nobody can measure. In our universe we measure time with the help of clock and may be in some other universe there is some other measurement of time. May be in this universe I stammer but in some other universe , I might be a fluent person.