Friday, October 9, 2009

An important observation...!!


Today I was interacting with some of the guests in a party. One of them asked me about the college from where I did my graduation.And believe me, i was not able to speak out the word "Rayat", thatz my college. I was doing "Rrrrrrrrrrrrr". So this means that I am having difficulty in speaking out the letter "R". I don't think so. I already spoke the word "R", so the difficulty was not with this word.

The main problem was the sound "A". Bcoz i already said "R"... but the rest of the word was not coming out i.e. "ayat".This means the problem is with the letter "a" and not "r".

So in order to overcome this problem , I am practicing by saying the rest of the word i.e. "aaaayat" again & again. And when i am comfortable with that word, just add "r" before that .So this becomes "Raaaayat".
There you go..........

3 comments:

Satyendra said...

Hi Manpreet
Did you try stopping completely and then trying again? Pull out?
This is a nice way of dealing with these sudden blocks which jump at you from the side..
sachin

Manpreet said...

yes sir ....when I was not able to speak that word....I kept on saying "Ayat" in my mouth quietly and when the word was coming out properly , I added "R" before that and said the complete word once again. All of them were just staring at me like i was some different creature over there. But there wa no feeling of embarrassment .

Satyendra said...

Great! You are a tough nut! This is the only 'cure'- you are on the right track..
Congratulations!