Monday, September 14, 2009

Ma 1st meeting with a PWS in jammu

His name is Aditya.He also stammerers.He went for a speech Therapy course at chandigarh in 2006 and was fluent for about 3 months after that therapy.But then that stammer came back again.

I met him after I came back from Dehradun.I went to Dehradun for a 7 days intensive therapy programme at Samagra ashram.I was there from 16th of Aug to 23rd of Aug,2009.There I came to know, that it is very important to have a SHG(Self Help Group) in your own city bcoz stammering can't be cured in Isolation. So I started looking for some PWS in jammu .I searched on internet,social networking sites like Orkut,Facebook etc. Finally I was able to find 3-4 pws on orkut who were from jammu. And i sent them messages and scraps.But 2 of them replied to those messages and only one of them was really curious to do something in order to cure his stammer.His name is Aditya. He Has just completed his Engineering in IT this year.
We had a meeting on 2nd september,2009.This was our 1st meeting, so it was ma duty to Motivate the other person in the same way as I was motivated by Sachin sir and JP at Dehradun. I told him each and everything whatever I learnt at Dehradun.I told him about "Acceptance", to love ur stammer and dont be ashamed of ur stammer.I also explained him some of the techniques such as Bouncing,Prolongation,Easy on set,Slow rate of speech etc. Our 1st meeting lasted for about an hour.Then on our way back to home ,I told him that I have got some very good and interesting Documentary movies on stammering that I got from Dehradun. So if he wants those movies and videos ,I can bring those DVDs in our next meeting. This was just the starting of our 2 member SHG in jammu. I am hoping more PWS in jammu to join this group and help each other .

5 comments:

Satyendra said...

Great! Now advertise your group by using various media: orkut, facebook, IPWS grp (yahoo), free ad facility at Rediffmail etc. If you can save some money and give a small ad in local newspaper, this might reach out to many more people.. I will put up a note on stammer.in and TISA blog.. Also, contact people personally and tell them what you are doing and why.. Doing these very things will act as therapy..

Manpreet said...

Yes sir ..........I will do that .........thanks for ur suggestions......

J P Sunda said...

Great going buddy! Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

Hi this is navneet. I m doctrate audiology & speech language pathology. I m ready to give you any possible help related to stammering. It will be great pay back to my proffesion if i help you guys by any means Or ways. If Any one of you need any help from my side, please feel free to call me in this no 9419261310 or meet me at my clinic jk electronic ears, prime speech and hearing clinic, 613/A gandhi nagar, near ankur and man ki kamna clinic or 64 new plot.

Varun singhal said...

Sir I stammers a lot.. .. I extremely fed up of my stammering... Please help me if you can